Some people love to complain, it seems to be part of them. I know a few who definitely fit the bill. I also have been known to participate. Keeping my cool at times has been challenge that failed. I guess its just in our nature to lose it.
It’s good for the body to relieve that energy. I am at the moment living in South Korea and the natural form of expressing complaining is totally unwanted. Complaining is at times a breach in trust and can scar relationships. The problem here shows not everyone can release that energy. Dare I say there is a lot of drinking in South Korea.
Do not complain but lead by example!
To take a complaint and make it practical with a solution can make you look more effective. Even if the situation gets addressed in a querying light can still look good. If you feel the need to complain, then take a moment to think about whatever is wrong and then see if you can apply some advice or help.
A phrase that can fit is ‘take one step forward and two steps back‘. You need to create a rest bite from the problem as it is emotion that takes over. If its in your character to blow your top then this is sound advice.
We also might need a bit of help and here are a few points to help
- Try Yoga – easy the tension in your body.
- Calm your mind – think of pleasant things.
- Don’t shed the blame – take control of the situation and move on.
- Take a second to think – hold your breath and control your emotion.
- Don’t let your confidence dip – don’t let the situation take over you.
- Turn it around – make the reason to complain become a reason for a challenge.
- Don’t give in – the situation will win and nothing will be good from it.
- Accept it – these things happen, get over it.
- Positive thinking – live your day with less negative ways.
- Be constructive – let people know there’s a problem without the added emotion.
I hope these tips can help you be more of a role model and a calm and collected role model at that. I will take these tips and live with them to calm my emotive side and I hope you can too.